Work-life balance is important to us
Our work-life balance is a really important part of our ethos and a real differentiator when we are recruiting new colleagues. There are few other firms in the North of England that can offer the chance to work with such a high calibre of client base without the long working day culture of other big city firms.
We call Leeds home
Because we are based in Leeds and predominantly focus on Yorkshire, our teams are also based in the area. There is very little requirement to travel or stay away from home on a regular basis, although there is plenty of opportunity to travel for those who choose to!
But we have a truly international presence
Brown Butler is among the few specially selected accountancy firms in the UK to be part of the DFK International Association. Across 439 partner offices in 92 countries worldwide, we can confidently assist our clients with their requirements around the globe.
Connected from north to south and across the world
Who we are
Our longest serving colleague joined us in
gender balance throughout the firm
members of staff between the ages of
18 – 29
members of staff over the age of
of us have been with the firm for
Brown Butler recruits at least 2 trainees per year
We currently have 11 trainees working in different departments across the firm
All of our trainees go on to receive professional accreditations and find opportunities to work in the accountancy sector
Opportunities for growth
Meet Keith Lee
- Keith joined Brown Butler as a trainee in 1975
- And has been here throughout his career
- Earning a number of promotions in the process
- Keith is now Director, Audit and Accountancy and works with organisations with annual revenues of up to £20 million
Meet Bev Tate
- Bev joined Brown Butler as an Accounts and Audit Senior in 2011
- After proving invaluable to the firm, Bev was promoted to Director, Audit and Accountancy in 2019
Meet Nicola Taylor
- Nicola joined Brown Butler as an Audit and Accounts Senior in 2013
- Nicola was promoted to Audit and Accounts Manager in 2016
- After proving invaluable to the firm, Nicola was promoted to Director, Audit and Accountancy in 2020
At Brown Butler, there is opportunity to work with every sector and every size of organisation. From large international businesses to high net worth individuals, there is no such thing as a ‘typical client’.